Back at work after a really fun weekend. Went to dinner at Mom and Dad's Friday night which was a lot of fun. Dad makes a mean cosmo and Barb (mom) and I imbibed on a few. : ) John wasn't feeling all together well, so we made it an early evening. I stayed up late as my night owl-ness kicked in and enjoyed the quiet of the wee morning hours while nesting away. Got a few things accomplished, and created a To-Do list for the next couple of weekends.
Mother Nature bestowed her wrath upon us on Saturday with relentless rain. Had to cancel pumpkin picking, but we did keep our dinner plans intact. The rain really came down. We desperately needed it in our area, but it's tough with two puppies at home. B&C had had enough of the rain and simply would not go outside anymore. I decided to take them to day-care and that really paid off as they were able to run and play with their friends. I was afraid of them running around outside and blowing out a knee on the wet leaves. Luckily, day-care was open and that gave me time to work around the house.
With the girls busy, I dove into full nesting mode. I emptied out the family room closets (what used to be our old bedroom) and set aside items to give away, stuff to trash, and clothes for Goodwill. I love the sight of a clean and organized closet. I decorated the house with Halloween/Thanksgiving stuff and in the process of pulling stuffed pumpkins out of the closet, I found a bunch of picture frames I had forgotten about. They're cute little silver antique-y looking frames and I immediately thought of all the old black and white family photos I have from when Gram passed. I think they'll look really great displayed in these frames and added that to my future To-Do list.
I also transfered some digital pictures onto my 2005 CD. I learned that when I name a photo, I should put the date first, then whoever is in the picture (or the folder of pics). That way, when I transfer them to a CD, they remain in date order. So my 2004 and 2005 CD's will be a little out of whack, but starting now I'm going to begin dating the pictures first. I also organized my film pictures by date, and will begin putting them into albums next weekend. I've got quite a bit to catch up on and need to be more diligent with my photo maintenance.
After a full day of nesting, John and I met Gretch at the pub for drinks and dinner. We always sit in a bar booth so we can watch whatever sporting event is on TV. Iowa/Purdue was on, so our Iowa girl, Gretch, was able to watch the home team play. The Pub is featuring an Oktoberfest menu, and I dined on the Knock & Bratwurst platter. Quite yummy with sauerkraut, potato pancakes and homemade applesauce. I do have to say, Mom's potato pancakes are much, much better. I was pretty wiped out when we got home, and ended up crashing around 10:30. I didn't stir until John woke me around 7:30 Sunday morning. I got some much needed beauty sleep.
John and I spent the day watching football and baseball. The Astros took the NLDS in an 18 inning instant classic over the Braves. Between that and watching 41 year old Vinny Testaverde lead the Jets to a win over Tampa Bay, we had a pretty exciting day. The Yankees extended the ALDS by beating Anaheim and forcing a deciding Game 5 in California. We'll see if the Yankees still have a little more magic to pull out a win tonight and advance to the ALCS.
Back to work time for me.
Monday, October 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Too bad you didn't get to go pumpkin picking, but at least you still had an enjoyable weekend.
Deb, once you are done there, I have some major projects at my house that I could use a hand with.... :D
Post a Comment