cowlick /kowlik/ n. projecting lock of hair
The Scene: Upstairs bathroom, in front of mirror.
Me: A little cooperation would be nice.
Cowlick: A little TLC would be nice
Me: Who are you to talk?
Cowlick: The bangs have elected me head of the union.
Me: You can't be serious?
Cowlick: I am. They've got some demands.
Me: This should be interesting
Cowlick: Lighten up with the blowdryer.
Me: That's the only way I get any cooperation!
Cowlick: How do you explain this morning?
Me: I was working with them the best I could. They decided to part right in the middle.
Cowlick: Yeah, they're a divided group. Not happy campers. The new brush? No good.
Me: So I could see. You didn't help the situation.
Cowlick: What? I was my charming self.
Me: Sticking out the right side of my head is not charming.
Cowlick: I was merely trying to protect myself. Easy on the Aqua Net, toots.
Me: You're pushing me. You and your little band of brothers. Don't make me get the scissors.
Cowlick: An idle threat. Do I need to remind you of what happened the last time you whipped out the shears?
Me: I've added to my hat collection since then. I can easily work a new one into my wardrobe on a daily basis.
Cowlick: Nothing you did could camouflage that mess.
Me: You're pushing me.
Cowlick: We'll see who wins.
Me: Eff you.
Cowlick: Blow me.
Me: Cute.
Cowlick: Heh.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You asked Brew, but are you sure you're not Sybil?
Wow, Deb. I think I'm still laughing.
"Me: Eff you.
Cowlick: Blow me."
ROTFL!
Is there something wrong with a woman who has a running conversation with her hair?
No, but when the hair is answering back.....
Good post, Deb!
Hair trouble? Sorry, can't relate.
I needed a good laugh today. Thanks Deb.
Post a Comment