Thursday, October 06, 2005

Anyone for Martinis and Pumpkin Picking?

So looking forward to the weekend. John, Gretch, and I are going pumpkin picking and then to the Blackhorse for drinks and dinner. I was joking with Gretch that I had a mental image of her stumbling through the pumpkin patch, cigarette in one hand and beer in the other. She's decided the occassion calls for a little something stiffer, so I'll need to make a mental note to pack my flask. And some olives.

Dinner is with M&D tomorrow night. That's something nice to look forward to. Combine that with the pumpkin festivities and it's a homerun of a weekend. Thankfully, I've got Sunday to recover. I think that will be my day to put out my Halloween and Thanksgiving decor. As much as I hate this time of year (post-season baseball being the exception)I do enjoy Halloween. I have some really cute pumpkin, ghost and black cat decorations and a few other things that lend a festive air to the house. I do a combo Halloween/Thanksgiving decor. My house is a cape, so all the rooms are fairly stand alone. Not much flow goin' on in my crib. Many little nooks and crannies. Those nooks and crannies are pointedly driven home every morning when I get out of bed and smash my head on the slanted ceiling. What moron came up with this layout? No doubt it was a midget. I'd like to give a big WTH? to the architect, however, it should probably go to me for not exactly acting in a Pavlonian manner and ducking when I roll out of bed. Exactly how long is it going to take me to learn to duck? It's been 8 damn years! I digress...

Didn't get out for my walk this morning. How about a big WTF? to the idiots who schedule the baseball? Honestly, I think it's a smidge easier for those on the West Coast to follow a game that starts at 5 pm PT than it is for us East Coasters to follow a game that starts at 10 pm ET. We've already got a bunch of bleary-eyed idiots walking around the office and now I'm one of them. Can't get out of the sack early enough to get out for my walk. Going to have to turn in early tonight and get my fat ass out in the morning.

Time to shut it down and go get the girls from day-care. Cami should be tired enough to not eat anymore of the carpet. The little hellion.

2 comments:

Hera said...

I hope you had a great time with the pumpkins and martinis.

I had a date this weekend, but sadly he wasn't Shane-worthy. ;)

Deb said...

Pumpkins were a wash-out as it rained all weekend, but that just gave us more time to enjoy our 'tinis.

Bummer about your date. Hopefully you weren't sporting the CFMP's for a non Shane-worthy candidate. :)