Tuesday has has never been the best day for me. Most people complain about Mondays, but I happen to like Mondays. The are usually the fastest day of the week for me, but then Tuesday hits and the world seems to stop. They just drag on and on. So today I'm suffering from Tuesdayitis. Of course, I did not help myself by staying up so late last night. Since we're leaving for New Hampshire Friday morning, I needed to get my laundry done and clean up the house. Gretch is being a peach by sitting the Girls for us, so I wanted to do some extra special clean up.
We're going to NH to visit friends we met while in St. Thomas last year. Chris and Joyce Rowe and their son Kevin and his wife Sandy were staying at Crystal Cove on Sapphire Beach. We met them at our bar and became instant friends. After the Sunday Beach Party at Sapphire (and after quite a few drinks) Joyce insisted we stop by their place and have dinner with them. Kevin grilled some steaks and Joyce had fresh peas from her garden and sweet potatoes. It was one of the nicest meals I had ever had. They just invited us in to their home and their hearts. Fabulous people. We socialized quite a bit with them during our stay and are looking forward to seeing them again this weekend. Luckily, we were all able to get the same weeks in ST, so we will be seeing them in February as well.
The other big event of the weekend is the battle for the AL East between the Yankees and Bosox. Since my Mets spit the bit in the NL Wildcard race, I've turned my attention to the Yankees. Looks like it's going to come down to this weekend in Boston to see who wins the pennant. Exciting stuff. Yankees are a half game up, but Boston plays a double-header today, so we'll see where the dust settles tonight.
So far I've been handling the change of seasons fairly well. Granted, it's only been five days, but still. And, well, maybe the shoe shopping at zappos has helped. : ) New kicks can cure any ills. Got some new sneaks for my early morning walks. As much as I hate getting up early, I am enjoying the walking. It's a nice, quiet, peaceful time. Gives me a few minutes to get my head straight first thing in the morning.
Dad's birthday dinner was great in terms of the company, but I'm still kicking myself for overcooking the beef. Ugh. I had everything under control, a thermometer in the tenderloin, a timer for the lobster tails, Mom manning the veggies on the grill and I still managed the mangle the beef. Mom, Dad, and John all raved about the dinner, but let's face it: I was there, too. The beef was horrible. We ended up having a great time, as usual. Mom and I polished off a couple bottles of wine and Dad and John were able to see some of the golf that was on. It was fairly warm, so we ate outside on the deck. The Girls were pretty well behaved. That's always a bonus.
Back to work time.
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"New kicks can cure any ills."
Couldn't have said it any better myself. I think that might be one of my new all-time favorite quotes. ;)
Post a Comment