Friday, September 23, 2005

End Of The Week

Thankfully, it's Friday night and I'm at home after another brutal day at work. I think I'm losing patience with my job. Note to self: Do some deep thinking about future in current position.

Added a pic of The Girls after they took a swim at "our" doggy beach in Manasquan. This is the boat launch that is two lagoons over from our house. Convenient to get to, and as I said in an earlier post, calm water for my new water babies (or "baby" as Barrett is the only one who liked the water).

John is out getting some dinner and I am having a quiet evening at home. I need to map out my next couple of days I have a few things to get accomplished around the house, as well as dinner plans with friends tomorrow night, and Mom & Dad coming over on Sunday. Today is Dad's birthday, so we're going to celebrate that and their anniversary (Sept. 1st) on Sunday. Think I'm going to do a little surf and turf action. Need to come up with some side dishes, so that will be my next Friday night chore.

Love Friday nights. They are definitely a "come down" night for me. I very rarely go out on Fridays as I use the time to wind down from the week and plan my weekends. Saturday is a bigger social night for us. Luckily, John understands my need for some alone time and leaves me be. Sometimes I'll start some cleaning or organizing projects and I'll work on them until the wee hours of the morning. I'm an absolute night owl. Love the quiet and the creative buzz I get at night. I can get a ton accomplished. I'll start cleaning and John will joke that I'm "nesting." I get a great deal of satisfaction out of cleaning my home and having things neat and orderly. Or, it could just be that I'm manic and experiencing an "episode." ; )


Tonight's "What The Hell?" is brought to you by Overzealous Emailers Anonymous. I thoroughly enjoyed getting an email from someone I don't know, but who seems to know (based on the addresses in the email) my father and my uncle. Not really sure what his intentions are/were, but starting out a chain email by calling people "effing racists" is so not cool. I mean, what the hell? I don't even know this guy.

2 comments:

Hera said...

Ditto that on the job thing.

How was dinner with your parents? Hopefully, it was a smashing success.

Cardinal70 said...

Hope you had a good weekend, Deb!