
Oy. Vacation is over already. John and I spent the past week in Manasquan on our annual Jersey Shore vacation. We always go the week after Labor Day. A very key week as the riff-raff has left town and the locals are out and about taking advantage of the wonderful shops and restaraunts in town. We had yet another fabulous week of weather....sunny everyday with temps in the high 8O's. A couple of humid days, but those were easily dealt with by sitting down by the ocean. And, I might add, I've never seen the beach looking so sweet! The water was incredibly clear; you could see your feet at 6 feet off shore. Really lovely.
It was the Girls' first trip to Manasquan. Unfortunately, poor Cami got sick Friday night and we had to delay our departure until Saturday. She was sick almost the entire week. I felt so bad for the little thing. She was not able to enjoy the beach at all. Barrett, on the other hand, took full advantage of the water. I think she may be part duck. No hesitation on her part. In she went! We didn't go to the regular Doggy Beach. John found a little area on the lagoon 2 streets over from our house where people drop their boats in the water. It was very calm and quiet, so the Girls were able to get their first taste of ocean water without the craziness of the Doggy Beach. It was better for Cam, but I don't think the Doggy Beach would have been too much for Barrett. Planet was in her own little world just hopping in and out of the water. As you can see in the picture, Barrett is looking for some action with the Kool Kong and Campbell is trying her best to tolerate the situation.
Our friend, Gretchen, spent the first couple of days with us and we did our usual Leggett's thing. Leggett's is a really cool bar on First Ave and has been a landmark in Manasquan for years. John, Gretch and I took in a few football games, had some drinks and did a lot of laughing. After Gretch left, I spent my time walking on the beach and collecting shells and sea glass. I just find the ocean so peaceful. In the immortal words of my friend, Ann, "I left my rage on the beach." I was a happy and calm camper for the week. Now I just need to hold on until February when I can leave my rage in the Caribbean!
It's back to my regular crazy life tomorrow. Hopefully things went smoothly in the office during the past week and I don't have to put out too many fires. I'm not holding my breath, though. I should probably plan on getting a decent night's sleep so I'm on my toes in the morning. Oh yeah, my goal is to get up a half hour earlier and get out for a walk each morning. Heh. I'm not holding my breath on that, either.
EDIT: Forgot to add a note about my big bad purchase while on vacation. I got a Rawlings glove leather business card holder for my desk and a matching key fob. Last year I purchased the Rawlings tote bag and just love it. I feel like I've got a baseball glove with me at all times.
And, P.S., I did make that 5:30 am wake up call for my walk. ; )

3 comments:
That is an adorable picture! Glad you had a good time, but you must remember in February to stuff a certain moderator/partner in crime inside that suit case.
I haven't been making my exercise appointments for the last few weeks either. Maybe we need to think of a way make sure we each take care of that.
Enjoy your business card holder and thanks for the birthday wishes.
Are you flexible, Dana? I could probably squeeze you into my carry-on....that way I can slip you those little bottles while you're in the overhead compartment.
Well, Tuesdays are my tough days (don't know why, but Mondays have always been good for me) so we'll see if I can drag my sorry butt out of bed. Send me some good vibes and I'll send some to you as well!
Better person than I to get up early to exercise.
Heck, better person to just exercise! :)
Glad you are back!
Post a Comment