Thursday, September 22, 2005

Ready to take a Fall

Oh joyous day. Not. Today is the first day of Autumn (well, it will be at 6 pm this evening) and, as usual, I'm thrilled. I absolutely abhor the beginning of fall. Hate it. I find nothing even remotely pleasant about the end of summer. I dread the end of daylight savings. My mood becomes as dark as the shrinking days. I went out for my morning walk and smelled that horrible "autumn air" smell. The temp was a crisp 54 degrees. Ugh. Someone shoot me now. I may even have to turn to fleece in the morning. Horrors. And the moment I'm forced to wear closed-toe shoes will be the moment my soul is stripped of all happiness. My pigs need to be free; pedicured a bright summer shade and dressed up in strappy sandals. Alas, it is not to be for much longer.

On to a happier topic (which would be just about anything at this point)......I dropped The Girls off at day-care this morning and they bounded up the stairs to go play with their friends. Cami ran into the play room and immediately flipped onto her back when one dog approached. She's such a submissive little thing. I can just hear her crying out, "DON'T EAT ME!" as she lay there with the other dogs coming over to say hello via their sniffers. Barrett, exhausted from the jaunt up the stairs, settled in for a little rest upon her arrival. They're such opposite little girls. Cami is so high-strung and nervous and Barrett is so laid back. I just love them both to pieces.

I'm going to be introducing a new aspect to my blog called, "What The Hell?" This is a take on my friend,
Dana's "Who Does That?" which I really enjoy reading on her blog. Hopefully Dana won't mind my copying her great idea.

My first entry is a rather tempered version, as it really requires something other than "What The Hell?" WTF? is much more like it. However, I'll try to keep it clean. It's my honor to bestow the first Deb's Dish "What The Hell?" upon the NJDOT. That's right, the omnipresent New Jersey Department of Transportation. Just wanted to give them a little shout out and say thank you for for finally getting the 7 year nightmare known as New Road completed just in time for the schools to open and the influx of traffic. Then I'd like to thank them for closing the new lanes 3 days later and setting up our beloved orange and white barrels and herding us like cattle into two lanes without any kind of warning of a lane shift. We've had a wonderful time playing bumper cars the last two weeks. What the hell???



2 comments:

Cardinal70 said...

Deb, I've told you before, if you don't like the weather up there, send it down here. That sounds absolutely wonderful to me!

I understand you about road construction, though. There's hardly a place in town here that you can go without a road being torn up. At the end of my subdivision (well, the main entrance/exit), there's a drop off so big I'm going to take off the bottom of my car one of these days. It's been like that for a couple of weeks. Will it be fixed before December? Stay tuned....

Hera said...

People borrowing ideas .... Who does that?

Just kidding, Deb. I don't mind at all, and I look forward to reading about stupidity in New Jersey; comparing and contrasting should be fun.

Traffic generally contributes about 85% of my who does that stuff, so I completely understand about the DOT.

And, yeah, fall makes me very sad too. I hate cold weather. ;)