I'e had to step away from things a little to get my head together. The disaster along the Gulf Coast has been weighing heavily on me, but I'm starting to feel a bit better. I exchanged e mails with Ann earlier today, and was not surprised to find that she was having the same difficulties as me. We are two peas in a pod. We shared some Bible verses that we found comforting and both of us have been praying for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. John and I discussed how we wanted to help and we came to the conclusion that we would suppport the animal rescues. So the donation goes to the AKC, as they are sending out every penny of donations to different shelters to help accomodate the displaced animals.
John and I spent the past weekend up in Boston. Our friends from St. Thomas set us up with tickets and we stayed at the Marriott Long Wharf which is right near Fanieul Hall. Great hotel and I would happily stay there again. We had a lot of fun. Boston is full of some really great people and fabulous history. I was not able to walk the Freedom Trail, but would put it at the top of my list for a return trip. Fenway was a lot of fun-the park was full and everyone was into the game.
After a short Labor Day week, John and I are heading down the shore for our annual September vacation. I've been needing this break. Can't wait to get out on the "island" (the fishing dock off the back of our deck that juts out into the lagoon) and take in some sun and some cocktails. We always get oysters and clams from Spike's in Point Pleasant and sit on the island and toss the shells into the lagoon. Good times. Gretch will be joining us for a few days, so I'm really looking forward to that. I love to spend the afternoon on the beach looking out at the water. My favorite time is late afternoon as the sun is going down and there are only a few of us holding onto the day. It's such a quiet and peaceful time. Great time for a walk along through the surf and to pick up some shells.
The Girls will be making their first trip to Manasquan and to the Doggy Beach. This ought to be fun. I hope B&C take to the water. They've really only waded into a stream, and Barrett seemed to enjoy it much more than her web-pawed sis, Campbell. Of course, anything new to Campbell is quite the source of discontent and worry. Bless her heart. If Cami could wring her little paws, she would. Barrett just hangs loose and rolls with it. What a pair. I'll be sure to posts pics of their first trip to the beach.
We'll be heading up to New Hampshire to visit some more St. Thomas friends at the end of the month. Can't wait to see the Rowe's. Fabulous people. I'll expand upon them after my return from the shore. Don't want to do a diservice to them as I'm rather tired.
Time to turn in. I'm off to bed.
Thursday, September 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know it's still hard, but I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I'm here for you if need something (you know where to find me .. lol).
Enjoy your much deserved vacation. Although, I must admit I'm seriously jealous. I love sipping cocktails on the beach and looking out at the water too. It's one of my favorite pastimes. Have fun and don't forget to make some Rotel.
Thanks, Dana! I've been on the hunt for Rotel....can't find it. Maybe they have it in South Jersey.
Thanks for the good thoughts. They are much appreciated!
I'll be sure to have a couple of cocktails for you as I'm kicking back on the island. : )
Post a Comment