It was a sunny, but cool weekend. Perfect weather for outdoor chores, such as cleaning out the garage. I've been in a nesting mood lately, so after hanging curtains in the guest bedroom, cleaning out clothes closets and straightening up the house, I took on the project of cleaning and organizing the garage.
Luckily, the garage wasn't in too bad of shape. I pulled everything out and threw away anything that was useless, and set aside things that could be donated (dog bed, cat carrier). John came home as I was preparing to put everything back in it's assigned space, and he swept the leaves out and was able to trash a few more thing. I put everything back in and the place looks great! Really neat and clean.
I also started hanging the gorgeous drapes my friend, Ann, made for me. I've got the duvet on the bed, as well as the shams, and now I just need to finish getting the drapes up. The bedroom (a.k.a. "The Cave") looks really beautiful and very comfy. Just what I wanted!
Campbell had an okay weekend. Her leg was a little tender Saturday afternoon, and I think that was because she and Barrett did quite a bit of running around. We'll have to keep an eye on both of them so they don't get out of control. We were able to keep her on her bed for a while, so it appeared that whatever was bothering her did subside.
We also went to Home Depot to finalize our kitchen plans. This is gonna big one big-ass job. The first cabinets I chose cost $18,300. And that doesn't include installation. So we had to put the ixnay on that. I'm going to spend some time this week looking at other cabinets and focus on bringing the price down. I still need to look at granite, appliances, flooring, lighting, etc., so there is still quite a bit of work to do.
In all, a good but busy weekend.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment