Wednesday, November 08, 2006

NaBloPoMo

It's that time of year! NaBloPoMo! As much as I would love to participate, I fear that a post a day is simply too much for me to bear. It may also be a bit much for my loyal, devoted readers, of which I have none.

Cami is doing well. As long as we limit her rough activities with Barrett, I think she'll be fine. She does well in
day-care, thankfully, as that truly is a life-saver for us. The day-care providers do not allow rough-housing, so Cam still gets her exercise without hurting her leg.

Thanksgiving will be at my house in just two short weeks. It's by far my favorite holiday. I have wonderful memories of Thanksgiving at Gram's house, and I'm honored to be able to carry on the tradition in my home. It's a smaller group than years past, as we've lost some loved ones, and others have made plans to travel. However, I'm looking forward to having my family around my on such a wonderful day.

John and I have come a long way since our first Thanksgiving bash a few years ago. having never stuffed a turkey, John was assisting my in holding Mr. Bird upright, while I jammed stuffing in all it's cavities (we're big on packing the bird full in my family). I noticed, though, that I was having a tough time trying to get the stuffing into the neck cavity. This prompted a call to Turkey Central, and my parents tried talking me through it over the phone. Obviously, something was in the way and it needed to be removed. My father suggested that we had not removed the neck and told us to go in and get it.

After about 15 minutes of wrestling around with a rather large object, John and I concluded that it could not possibly be the neck. Dad told me that it must be and when I asked him to describe what I should be pulling out of the bird, he gently tried to explain to me that the object should look like a gigantic penis. Nice.

I've put John on penis patrol ever since, and like the man he is, he cries and carries on and puts plastic baggies over his hands when dismantling the bird. Thankfully, neither one of us is opposed to drinking in the morning, and that makes stuffing the bird much more bearable.

Thinking of the bird gets me thinking of side dishes...I better go plan my menu.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your readers are very loyal, Deb; just not very vocal... ;-)

Oberkfell3B said...

Time to get the Rotel and cheese. A Thanksgiving staple.....

Jack and Coke is another.......