
Well, OK. Not really The Windy City. However, sometimes it's easier to say I'm going to Chicago rather than explain to people the location of Chesterton, Indiana. For those not in the know, Chesterton is a fabulous little town that borders Lake Michigan. It also happens to be where my best friend, Ann, and her husband, Ken and son, Liam live. Not to mention, The Daisy Dog (at left). John and I just adore Daisy Girl. She's the sweetest little thing.
I had an action packed weekend with Ann, Ken, and Liam. After flying in Thursday night and sleeping like a rock until Friday morning,
The Ross family and I set out for County Line Orchard in Hobart, IN. Liam had a great time picking apples, and I was the beneficiary of one of Ken's fabulous apple pies. Saturday morning found us up early and on our way to Liam's soccer game. It was so adorably cute. Liam's in the under 6 league, so we were watching some young, future Pele's! Liam's coach is a wonderful man who obvioulsy enjoys working with the youngins and has the patience of a saint. I wish I could bottle that patience!After the game, Annie and I had some "girl time" and enjoyed lunch at Panera Bread, and a nice lounge on the beach.
Ann is such an important part of my life. I just don't know what I would do without her. She's smart, beautiful, and funny. I get the added bonus of her taste in men, as Ken is just a super guy. After acquiring a little "pink" on the beach, Ann and I headed out for dinner, where we proceeded to consume some fabulous ribs and lots of vodka and cranberry! Later that evening, I watched the Mets clinch the NLDS by sweeping the Dodgers in 3 straight games. Altogether, a fabulous day!
Sunday found me a bit meloncholy as I knew I'd be leaving for New Jersey in jsut a few hours. Ann and I were, however, able to raise our spirits with a trip to DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse). Sadly, we didn't find anything to suit our fancy, so we headed home for a few more cocktails and chatter. After saying goodbye to Ken, Liam, and Daisy-and clutching my "cosmo in a kids cup" to-go beverage-Ann and I headed off to the airport. We had a quick goodbye at the Departing Flights curb (quick is always the best way to go with me) and I was off. Fortunately, I will be seeing the Ross family soon as they are heading east for Thanksgiving.

2 comments:
Why am I not surprised the antidote to melancholy was shoe shopping?
Notice they were so upset at not finding shoes, they had to go home and drown their sorrows!
Post a Comment