Gretchen, The Girls and I spent a lovely day at the beach a couple of weeks ago. Gretch and I packed up a cooler of libations (strictly to keep ourselves safely hydrated on a hot day) and drove to Manasquan with Barrett and Campbell. B&C haven't taken to the water in the past (mostly just wading in and cooling off, but not actually swimming). This time, Mommy (that would be me) hopped into the water and walked far enough out (rather far, considering it was low tide) and goaded The Girls into swimming out towards me. Barrett had done some swimming in the past, but Cami's experience with the water has been mostly with a life vest on while doing
therapy for her blown out knees.Not surprisingly, once Cami saw Mama in the water, she swam right out next to me. I was so proud! Barrett came out for a visit as well.

It was a lot of fun for them and I was relieved to see that my babies didn't sink like rocks.
After numerous swims in the ocean, we rested on the beach,

then headed for home. Two happy chicks in the front of the truck and two tired puppies in the back.
No comments:
Post a Comment