As you may know, I've had issues with my lid in the past. I've had a difference of opinion with my color (Ronald McDonald red) and irritation with my layers (Farah Fawcett, anyone?). Need I even mention my bangs? Insubordinate whores.
Lately, though, my tresses have been on their best behaviour. They've been cooperating in the morning and on weekends as well. I'm my harshest critic, so when my lid turned out a dazzling performance just in time for a holiday party the other night, I was quite pleased with myself. So it was with confidence I entered the party; long, shiny brunette hair flowing over my shoulders and down my back. I even went as far as putting a pretty little clip in my hair, just to draw more attention to it.
I found a girlfriend (who shall remain nameless) near the bar and she immediately commented on my hair. I told her that I had recently switched hairstylists and was very pleased with her work. Nameless Friend and I bantered amicably about hair and salons while sipping Chardonnay. Nameless Friend said that she had been tired with her cut and switched to a new stylist as well. NF went on and on and on, about her new stylist and fabulous new cut. It was becoming clear that she was feeling the need to promote her stylist as superior to all. To me, her hair looked like a poodle with a bad case of epilepsy. But hey, whatever makes her happy. I complimented her on her new hairdresser, and expecting the same in return, she says, "You should keep her in mind."
Hey Nameless Friend....WTF?
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Man, women can be brutal to each other, can't they? :) I'm sure you were definitely outstyling her and she couldn't handle it.
Though I've never quite seen a poodle with a bad case of epilespy. A doberman with the flu once, but no poodle.
It's just hair... ;-)
I've been going to the same woman for 33 years and she's had more hairstlyes than Carter's has liver pills. I never understood her need to change so much.
Hair? I wear a hat.
Post a Comment