Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Birthday Barrett & Campbell!

My little girls turn 2 today. I'd like to say I got them some really cool gifts, but I spent all my money on Campbell's knee. ;) Speaking of Cami's knee, she had the TTA procedure a couple of weeks ago and has been recuperating at home. Bless her little heart, the poor thing has to stay off her feet for 3 months. Not an easy task for a two year old. She's feeling better, which is a good thing, however, it also makes her want to play. Barrett has been decent throughout this ordeal, but she's getting a little anxious to have her sister back to her old self.

Christmas was relatively quiet this year. Having to care for Campbell made it impossible to decorate, thus, no Christmas tree for us this year. John brought a tree home and put it into the tree stand, but it never made it into the house. The poor tree is still standing outside on our deck. We'll have to go overboard next year to make up for this year. Not that decorating matters, as no one ever sees our house anyway. We always go to John's sister's house on Christmas Eve, and Mom and Dad's house on Christmas Day. So our house goes unseen and all that work is for naught. Maybe next year I'll have a cocktail party. Or just cocktails. For me.

3 comments:

Cardinal70 said...

You and cocktails. Who would have ever thought of that combination?

Happy birthday to the girls. Hope Campbell doesn't aggrevate the knee having a good time.

What is it about your house and knees?

Anonymous said...

How do you keep a dog off it's feet? That's a question for the ages, isn't it? Years and years ago, when my black lab broke his leg, I was told the same thing. Uh huh; that was a piece of cake...not, lol. I'm glad she's doing well. Happy New Year Deb.

Oberkfell3B said...

Sounds fun Deb! If, and when we mods get together, I predict the Martinis and Cosmos will flow!!!!