Monday, August 28, 2006

The Shoemaker's Kid

So, you know how the shoemaker's kid never has any shoes? Well, the landscaper's wife didn't have any landscaping. Unitl now! Woo-hoo! Finally, John did a big installation around the house. I basically told him that we would not have the BBQ (see below) if he didn't do a nice big construction job, complete with pavered patios, walkways and mucho plants. I wanted hydrangeas and I got them! I'm very pleased with the outcome and thought I'd share. : ) This is my little private patio off the sunroom. I'm still looking for a gate for the columns and there will be a white picket fence along side the columns as well.




This little area is directly across from the sunroom. I can't wait for all these flowers to bloom. It's been so hot and dry lately that the flowering plants are not flowering. I've been hand watering, but that's not the same and a good old fashioned drenching.





Ah, no more playing "slip-n-slide" down the lawn. Our nifty new walk makes it a breeze to go from deck to driveway without twisting an ankle. This is probably my favorite upgrade so far. Now I'm anxious to get the front steps and old walkway ripped out and replaced (see old stuff below).



The front steps and old field stone walk at right will be removed shortly. John and I haven't decided what we're doing with the steps yet, but the walk will be the same as the pavers above. The stepping stones will join the two walks together, and more stepping stones will go to the right of the house and lead to the columned entrance to the little patio. Once the plants put down their roots and the grass comes in a bit, it's really going to look beautiful!



3 comments:

Cardinal70 said...

Wow, very nice, Deb! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Nice job. You're husband has quite the talent, doesn't he?

Anonymous said...

What a great job!! Love the patio and all the plants. The walkway to the driveway is beautiful!!
What you need now is a bench :) !!!