Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Diving Boards, Trampolines, & Champagne...

Fred & Celine).....equal one hell of a party. Kudos to our neighbors, Alayne & Bob for whipping up a quick and fantastic shin-dig this past Saturday. We met Alayne & Bob a few years ago when they put together a block party and were kind enough to extend an invitation to John and myself (not on the block-just a bit down the road). When John and I started having our Summer BBQ (may require separate entry) 3 years ago, Alayne was the first to RSVP and offer to help out. She and Bob are really fantastic and Saturday was the first time we really "hung out" with them. Alayne didn't have to do much to lure me to come over....she merely mentioned that Bob would be serving ribs, she'd be serving champagne and we'd be lounging in the pool all afternoon. I was hooked.

A few of Bob and Alayne's other friends came as well, (pictured are Fred & Celine)
and the next thing you know the champagne was flowing, ribs were flying and everyone was having a grand time. I think it was Celine who spotted the trampoline, and well.....alcohol and trampolines don't mix. : ) I have to say, I felt like a kid jumping around on that thing. It was great! Nothing like really letting loose and forgetting about adulthood for a while. I came away from the trampoline with only a bruised ankle, which for me is really good. John was all set for a trip to the hospital.

We partied well into the evening, with the lightsticks making their debut after nightfall. Somehow, they ended up in our champagne glasses. There was some initial concern about leakage of chemicals from the lightsticks, but at last count, we're all still alive. Luckily, we survived the diving board as well.

Good times. : )

4 comments:

Cardinal70 said...

Sounds like it was a real fun time, and we're glad that the ambulance didn't have to come for you!

Anonymous said...

I've seen the mixture of alcohol and trampolines on a few occasions, having worked in a hospital for 22 years. Sounds like you got off lucky, kiddo. ;-)
Glad you had a good time, though.

Anonymous said...

Party hearty, bring on those cosmos and the booblay (champagne = champanwar = bubbles = booblay). Nice to hear you're keeping up appearances and working on that drinking form young lady!!!

Hera said...

Anytime there are light sticks involved, you know it's a great party.