It was bad enough yesterday to awaken to the harsh reality of December 1st, but to finish off the day getting my butt kicked by my new personal trainer was a real treat. Oh joy...
Yep, not too happy to be dealing with the turn of the calendar. I simply cannot fathom that December is upon us. I'm experiencing one of those, "stop the world, I want to get off" moments. The days are just flying by. Not to mention the nights, which seemed to be filled with me frantically trying to cram in all the little things I enjoy. Like reading. Or blogging. : ) Not enough time...
I figured since I've already got time issues that I would continue to fill my schedule with really fun things. Like work out with a personal trainer at the new gym in town. Yes, fun. Not! Holy Hell! I can barely move today. For my first apppointment, which was complimentary (I can't even imagine paying to have this man hurt me), Joe and I did a total body work out. Check that. I did a total body work out. Joe spent a lot of time looking nervous and asking me if I was OK. I think he's regretting not asking me to note my next of kin on my enrollment form. I have to say, last night was not a pretty sight. At least I handled 10 minutes on the treadmill well. I could easily fail to mention that it was set on "geriatric," but, why tempt the excercise gods? They seem to be a bit pissy these days as it is. Luckily, typing doesn't include much more than my fingers, which are about the only things I can move without me wincing in pain. I hope to be feeling better tomorrow. Being able to walk down the stairs rather than scoot down on my ass will be a definite bonus. I'm going to need a fire extinguisher for my quads....
I need to pull the Christmas decorations out this weekend. John will be at the farm all weekend, so we'll probably stop by to pick out a tree. It's The Girls first Christmas, so I'm excited about that. It will be fun to spoil them. Some more. : ) At least this year I will have some company over to see the tree and the house while it's decorated. Usually, John and I are so busy running all over that we never have time to have people to our home. It always seems like a waste to decorate. However, my brother and his family are coming up from Alabama right after Christmas for a visit. I can't wait to see everyone. We're having Christmas dinner on the 28th, then going into the city to see The Christmas Spectacular at Radio City. It's such a wonderful show. I'm sure the kids will love it, as will the adults.
After, we're going to come back to my house for a very relaxed evening of pizza and drinks. Should be fun. So the thought of having family over is keeping me motivated to decorate. Now if I can just drag the boxes up from the basement....
Friday, December 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Way to go Deb! I know starting on a workout regiemnt is tough, and painful sometimes. But, stick with it. I was thinking about you when I worked out this morning, wondering if you had started yet. Keep going!
I'm proud of you too, Deb! I hope your thighs have cooled down a bit though. (lol)
Sounds good to have your brother and his family coming in. I know you'll enjoy it. Don't forget to make them some Rotel. They'll love you for it. ;)
Very impressive that you've gotten started training. Wish I could do that, but that'd really get in the way of my lying around time.
I used to be disciplined; working out 3-4 days/week, but old age and apathy have taken over. Now, I just need to get off my ass and start working out again.
Post a Comment