
Yesterday was a bit of a tough day. It was one year ago that John and I lost our beloved, Tighe. I put a wreath out on his grave and spent a few minutes with him. That, of course, resulted in major tears, which I am again experiencing right at this moment. Although our girls bring us much happiness, our Noble Tiberius can never be replaced. We miss him desperately.
OK, enough sadness for today.
Not much of a Christmas person, but this year I'm doing my best to get into the spirit. My nice big fat bonus check has definitely helped improve my rather Grinch-like mood. Hopefully the rest of our employees will be happy with their checks and the morale will improve. I'm not holding my breath, though.
I've been going to the gym twice a week for 3 weeks now and I am already starting to see some improvements. I feel stronger and I'm building my stamina. I like my trainer, Joe, a lot. He's not very talkative which is just fine by me. I get to really concentrate on myself for about 3 hours a week. No cell, no e mail, no interruptions. I try not to think about work during my sessions and I feel a change in my mind as well as in my body. Maybe this is kind of like yoga? Now I know why people meditate.
Still have lots of wrapping to do. I was up at 5:30 this morning to try to get a jump on the wrapping situation, but only got a couple of gifts completed. I did, however, get everything organized and I went over my list to be sure I had purchased a gift for all those who had been nice. Well, the naughty ones got a little something as well. I'm really hoping for an I Pod, so we'll see if that shows up under the tree for me. I got John Sirius Satellite radio, so he'll be able to listen to Howard Stern's new show. I'm hoping to really surprise him with that.
Not much else going on. Just the usual year end craziness. I'm not taking much time off between Christmas and New Years, but the office is usually quiet so I should be able to concentrate and wrap up the year. Quiet will be nice.

2 comments:
Doggies become such a part of us, don't they? I miss my precious Frosty everyday. Just remember his wonderful smile.
I'll be thinking about you and giving you a toast on Christmas morning, too. Enjoy your holiday and your quiet week of work! And I hope you get that iPod. :)
It's always tough losing a dog. My parents just had to have one put to sleep and two others of theirs ran off/were taken/other within a couple of months.
Hope your Christmas was great. Sounds like you got your Ipod--great! Now load some Celine Dion in there. ;)
Post a Comment