In a previous entry, All I Wanted Were Window Boxes, I expressed my dismay in the balcony-like structures that had been affixed on the front of my house. I badly wanted them removed, as they were much larger than I expected. I lamented the fact that it wasn't possible: "these babies aren't moving as they are bolted into the stone."
So one would think. One would think that 9 inch iron bolts driven into stone would be enough to hold up a few pieces of wood and some pansies/geraniums/impatiens with maybe a little green foliage added in for depth. One would think. However, one was wrong. I now have a large balcony (a.k.a. "window box") hanging by a thread off the front of my house. In an effort to save the balcony from falling (and tearing down half of the house), John stuck some 2x4's into the ground and under the bottom of the box, kind of "propping it up." You know, it's the kind of thing you might see on an episode of "Cops" when one toothless, drunken idiot calls the police on another toothless drunken idiot and the kindly police officers roll into their trailer park to settle the fracas.
Yes, it's true. I'm living like white trash. *sigh*
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm confused... were you the one calling the police, or did John call them on you?
Can you tell us when you'll be on? I want to make sure I record that one.
Post a Comment