Mother's Day weekend is upon us. John and I have some fun plans, beginning tonight as we head out to our favorite restaurant, Casa de Pasta. We're regulars there and really enjoy hanging out on Friday nights, having a few drinks and enjoying a great meal.
Tomorrow afternoon we're going to John's sister's house to celebrate Mother's Day. My sister-in-law and her family share a mother/daughter with her parents. My mother-in-law is jonesing for some lobster, so we're having a fish fest. Should be fun. The weather is supposed to be nice, so it will be great to spend the day outside (after I spend all morning having my nails, toes, and hair done inside).
John is golfing Sunday morning with my dad and my Uncle Rich. Mom and Aunt Sharon will carpool over to my house, so when the guys return, everyone will be together for a BBQ. Haven't really decided on the menu yet....I just know the cocktails will be flowing and there will be a lot of laughter. I'm very lucky that I'm able to enjoy my parents company. Some people never get out of the "parent mode," but my parents have evolved into my friends. They're still Mom and Dad first, but it's nice that we can have an easy relationship as we age. John really enjoys spending time with them as well, along with my Uncle Rich and Aunt Sharon, so it's going to be a great day.
Cami is recovering from her second ACL surgery. This operation seems to have gone much more smoothly than the first. I'm glad she's doing well, but it's also presenting some issues. Campbell is completely out of her mind. She's been so cooped up for so long that she is just dying to get outside and run with her sister, Barrett. It's just killing her to be in her crate all day. She gives me such the face. I emailed her surgeon and the good news is that I can take Cami for longer walks (longer than the 5 minutes she gets right now). So hopefully that will help cut her nervousness and energy level. I'll let you know how it goes.
Friday, May 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hope the weekend went well! And that Cami is enjoying those walks!
Post a Comment