Thursday, July 06, 2006

We're Expecting!!!

Yay! John and I love nature. We're so fortunate to live on a large piece of property that allows us to live amongst so many fabulous animals, such as deer, fox, coyote, and bear. Not to mention the two herons that hang out in our pond on a regular basis. We have 3 fabulous turtles that reside in the pond as well. John and I have been discussing building a rock formation in the pond for the turtles to use when they sunbathe. We'll see what happens with that. In the meantime, the baby bird watch is on. This Robin's nest is inthe large rhododendron in the front of our house. I took the photo from the deck. Mommy bird has been sitting on the eggs quite regularly now, so hopefully we'll see four babies soon!

I haven't been able to do as much planting this year as I have in the past. I put a couple of pots together with some geraniums, and John got me 3 hibiscus plants/trees to put on the deck. I tried to do a little vignette of hibiscus (hibisci?), but am not too wild about the outcome. Oh well, next year I'll try something else.

I did purchase a few decorative items this year, such as the bunny, which I placed near the hibiscus. The woman who checked out my purchases at the nursery called him an "evil bunny," but I think he's kind of cute.

4 comments:

BrewCards said...

rhododendron

hibisci


you lost me...But I do like the evil bunny.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the evil rabbits from the "Watership Down" movie... ;)

BTW... nice flowers.

Hera said...

I have three hibiscus plants, too. I love them. One is a double bloom, so the flowers look a little different, but they're so pretty. Also, two summers ago I had half of a yellow one die. So I put the surviving half in a pot with a red one. They did a little hybrid thing and the result is pretty nifty little orange color. You should try that. lol

Also, I expect plenty of pictures of the newborns. ;)

Cardinal70 said...

I'm thinking that "evil bunny" would work much better at Deb's place than "good bunny". Don't know why.....