I've been going to the gym for about 5 months now. I work out with Sadist Sam on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, and on Saturday mornings I do Pilates with Bonnie. Sam tells me I'm her hardest worker and after most of our sessions together, I feel that way. However, I'm feeling a bit frustrated. My body is toning up, but I'm having a problem losing weight. Bonnie sensed my frustration and gave me a pep talk during our Pilates session last week. Concentrating on my breathing and tightening my pelvic elevator was not the easiest thing in the world while carrying on a conversation, mind you.
I'm sure taking off the feed bag would help in the weight loss category. I swear, if it's not nailed down, it's in my mouth. I'm so hungry all the damn time. The hunger, of course, is not the real problem. It's what I'm chowing down to rid myself of the munchies. After Bonnie's pep talk, I went to the grocery and bought a bunch of fruits and veggies, took it all home and cleaned and bagged it for easy snackability. I had some bell pepper slices for a snack today (as opposed to a ham and cheese empanada off the roach coach), so the pounds should just melt away. (Easy peeps, I'm being sarcastic). I guess I should consider it a small victory and try to keep myself on track. I'm my own worst enemy as I tend to sabotage my own success. Bonnie says that talking to a therapist could help me with that issue. Can you see my laying on someone's couch? I'd end up counseling the doctor on his/her problems.
I'm thinking I just need to back away from the trough. Who needs a therapist to tell them that?
Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Therapy? Pshaw.... You can always do what I did.... go flat f'n broke, then you can't afford to eat more than once a day.
You in therapy? You'd be more likely to crush a throat after three "How did that make you feel"s.
So true, C.
Tightening your pelvic elevator, huh? Hmmmm .... thinking over the possible results ..... Perhaps I should look into this Pilates stuff.
Deb, you are an animal. I can't wait until you are a fully trained cage-fighter!!!
Look out Ken Shamrock. ;)
Post a Comment