Monday, January 23, 2006

A New Kitchen and A New Liver?

Looks like the kitchen demolition will be taking place soon. It's only been 10 years that we've been in the house, but, I digress. I haven't really decided on a color pattern or style yet, so I better get my rear in gear. I'm looking forward to having a new kitchen, but I'd like to pull a Genie, fold my arms and nod my head and presto! it's finished. However, methinks I'll be suffering through a long and tedious process. Blah.

John and I went out to Cerilli's Friday night. We wanted to see if anything had changes since the major drug bust a couple of months ago. We were quite surprised to find that the wait staff was much more cordial and the prices had been dropped significantly. I did push my lobster around to be sure there wasn't a bag of coke in the sauce, and overall we found the experience to be much nicer. I had a couple of Cosmos, which seemed to be the theme of the weekend. On Saturday, John and I went to our regular place, Casa de Pasta for drinks and dinner. Four cosmos later I staggered out and have no recollection of the ride home. Sunday I met my friend, Gretchen, at the Pub for football and drinks. By the time I knocked back my first Grey Goose dirty martini, the weekend had caught up with me. My liver must be the size of a dime right about now.

And, after reading
Brew's Bits , I'm totally jonesing for some chicken wings.

3 comments:

BrewCards said...

Casa de Pasta sounds like my kind of place.

Hera said...

mmmmm ... Cosmos. I love those. Too bad, my liver has the same issues these days though.

Oberkfell3B said...

I partook in some Apple Martinis on Saturday evening (Grey Goose of course)