Wednesday, January 18, 2006
200 Crunches? Are You Insane?
It's been a while since my last post, but I do have a good reason....my muscles have been ripped to shreds and typing has become a problem. My sadist trainer, Joe, has been kicking my ass like there is no tomorrow. Well, there is enough of it to kick, so I guess he's right. And, last night, I truly thought there wasn't going to be a tomorrow. Tuesday is my lower body work out, so I was prepared to really work my legs last night. However, SJ (Sadist Joe) threw me a curve. He decided to mix in ab work in between every leg exercise. So I started the night doing 20 crunches, then 12 "punch crunches" with a 20 lbs weight in each hand (on the ball, crunch and throw a punch across the body), them 10 more crunches, then the dreaded crunch while holding the elastic band behind my head (SJ really enjoys these, he cracks the band like a whip). I'd move to the leg press, do 3 sets, then go back on the ball to do the ab work as described above. An hour of this had taken its toll, and I dragged my spent body home, only to head straight to the bathroom to hurl. Nice. Always a good workout when you blow chunks. And, I had to make my last payment of 500 bucks to him. WTH? Pay and puke?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm worn out just reading about it. Sounds like it's time for Chips, Salsa, and Margaritas .
YES! The pay and puke workout. That's the holy grail of what the hell am I doing workouts! You have conquered your Everest.
I feel you, Deb. But it's almost time for the pay off. St. Thomas here you come. ;)
I am getting back in the gym tomorrow. With my wife being out-of-town, I have not been in 9 days. Lord, I'm going to be hurtin for certain!
I'm inspired that you are really going at it! Keep it up!
Post a Comment