Monday, November 21, 2005

Drunk Blogging

Nothing like a prick or two at work to drive you right out to a liquid lunch. There are times when I have to physically restrain myself from hurting two individuals in my work place. I've never quite met a woman like this one I work with; a manipulative, sneaky, scheming bitch who has no sense of right and wrong and who lies through her teeth constantly. And her little side-kick isn't much to write home about, either. He's a nasty old coot who has nothing better to do but listen to her lies and be sucked into all of them. I've had enough of both of them. I know that I should find some good in all people, but what do you do when you've looked and looked and can't find any? In fact, not only do I not see any good, I see evil. It's scary.

Fuck her. Fuck him . Fuck them both. I've looked for good. There isn't any. I'm not going to try anymore. The gloves are coming off.

I just wish I could use my lunch time buzz for something better than bitching. I could be in a happy place right now...very Bob Ross like...but I can't see happy clouds....I'm too blinded by aggravation. I just need to get through today and tomorrow then I've got a nice long weekend. Toss in my favorite holiday and it's a slam dunk. I love Thanksgiving.

Just a small crew this year....Mom, Dad, Uncle Rich, Aunt Sharon, Danny, John and myself. Gretch was supposed to come, but unfortunately had to fly to Iowa to be with her father who suffered a stroke. She's taking a leave from work and is staying with her family through Christmas. I certainly hope everything works out and I will keep her and her family in my prayers.

Just writing about Gretchen's situation has kind of opened my eyes to how grateful I should be, rather than be bitter about the two cretins I mentioned above. I've got my family, and thank God they are healthy. I've also been blessed with fabulous friends who add love and happiness to my life. I really have been spoiled. I'm very fortunate and need to remind myself of that every once in awhile. So even though I've got to deal with this situation at work, I can honestly say that the joys in my life far outweigh the negatives.

Happy clouds.....

7 comments:

Cardinal70 said...

Wait, so you blog when you aren't drunk, Deb? I had no idea.... :D

Lovely having coworkers like that. I'm guessing there's little to no way to avoid them, either.

Hang on, Thursday's coming!

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked at your language!!!!!

Hera said...

I'm not shocked by your language, at all. And you know what? I say "fuck them" at least once a day at work myself. It's all good.

Hang in there, Deb. The week is already almost over, and then it's off to your favorite holiday you go. BTW - I emailed you a little something I thought would make you feel better. ;)

Hope everything works out well for Gretchen.

Deb said...

"anonymous" had to be my mother. ;)

That commercial was hysterical,D. Thanks for sending it. One more day then I'm free from the viper pit for 5 whole days....aaahhhh....happy clouds....

BrewCards said...

I'm glad the joys outweigh the negatives. But just think of the joy you would get by taking a baseball bat to their knees.

Almost there...

Oberkfell3B said...

I had no idea that working with Bagels and Cream Cheese could cause such stress.

I'd join in on your F-bomb fest, but I am seriously trying to stop my cursing, as my oldest picked up on "the word of the day". and daddy is trying to be good.

I'm open for suggestions of fu words to substitute. I'm using Farvegnugen right now....

Good luck Deb... Don't go postal!

UnHoly Diver said...

Deb, I feel your pain. I spent 22 1/2 years working with one of those same kind of pathological liars. I was the only one who had the balls to stand up to him, and it eventually cost me my job, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
I agree with brew; I'm happy the good outweighs the bad in your life. That's the way it should be.