Hello Lambs. I'm happy to report that one day after entering my comments on The Melting Pot's website, I received a call from the owner of the restaurant we attended. She was very apologetic about the hard sell regarding St. Jude's and went as far to ask me who our server was so she could tell them to "tone it down." Kathy (the owner) said that she and her staff had a meeting that afternoon regarding the corporation's support of St. Jude's and that the meeting (and video) was very emotional and uplifting. Kathy's feelings were that some of the servers may have gotten "caught up in" the idea of helping the children which resulted in Heather's inappropriate hard sell.
I was very pleased with Kathy's attitude regarding my comments and she did hope that I would change my mind about returning to her place of business. She added that she did make a percentage donation from each customer's check to St. Jude's and she again assured me that we (and other customers) would never again be made to feel uncomfortable. Kudos to Kathy for a quick response. If I go to The Melting Pot again, it will be with my gal pals. No way in hell is John stepping foot back in that place.
On to my next soap box (with thanks to ET)....WTF is up with the Donation Nazi's outside of ACME? For chrissakes....all I want to do is shop for my groceries in peace. Every fricking week it's something. The whiny-ass girl scouts, the boy scouts, the soccer team, the lacrosse team, the make a wish foundation, adopt-a-highway, support an illegal immigrant...the list goes on and on. Getting back to the Girls Scouts for a moment. Do you not harass me enough with those goddamn cookies at home, at work and over the internet? Now you set up shop outside the exit doors at my local grocery store and bombard me with Thin Mints as I'm walking out. Have you looked at my ass lately you little bitches? The last fucking thing I need is a Samoa. That is some serious bullshit. What happened to the once a year door to door selling of cookies? And don't give me that pedophile crap. Don't you get self-defense classes in the girl scouts? Isn't there a badge for that? "The Child Molester Smackdown" badge? Give me a break. I'm tired of running out of the store screaming, "No hablo engles!" Of course, for those who are sporting the Bi-lingual Badge, I'm totally screwed.
Great, now my bowels are in an uproar and the vein is sticking out on my forehead. Thanks Erin. Really appreciate that.
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Some of us may be chillin with the lambs, but we're still wolves in sheeps clothing.
Although the panhandling cub scouts outside the Acme are a nuisance it's not nearly as creepy as the transvestites cruising the A&P and Shoprite.
Pinching the tomatoes aint what it used to be!
Gawd, Deb I freaking love you! That grocery store rant was about the best one I've heard in a long time! You just took the words right out of my mouth.
I learned during my trip to the Dominican that "mardita madre" means mother fucker. Try that next time.
On second thought...
My heart certainly goes out to you as I too have experienced this dreadful dilema.
There is a secret word that I use which without fail stops the little bastards in their tracks and leaves them speechless.
Perhaps you will remember Mel Brooks briliant parody "Silent Movie" where the only spoken word was ironically uttered by the world famous mime Marcel Marceau.
That single word is the very same one I use.
"No."
Gotta love reading Deb on a Monday. Though it also makes me glad I'm states away. I feel safer that way.
Post a Comment